Allen Witt, SouthShore Campus President
He earned a B.A. in speech from Newberry College, an M.A. in dramatic art from the University of North Carolina, and a Ph.D. in higher education leadership from the University of Florida. After his doctorate, Dr. Witt studied multi-cultural communications and rhetoric at Florida Atlantic University and earned a certificate from the Florida Community College Leadership Academy. He has authored numerous journal articles and conference papers on community college history and curriculum. Dr. Witt was lead author for America’s Community Colleges: The First Century, published by the American Association of Community Colleges.
An active leader in southern Hillsborough County, Dr. Witt represents HCC on numerous civic, medical, and charitable boards. He also chairs the boards of South Bay Community Hospital and the SouthShore Roundtable. He enjoys traveling with his wife to visit friends and family in Colombia, South America.
Other articles in Executive Bios:
- Dayaghan Pendharkar, Vice President, Information Technology
- Donna Keener, Executive Director, Human Resources
- Dr. Paul Nagy, Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning
- Sally Everett, Director of Community and Government Relations
- Dr. Barbara A. Larson, Vice President, Administration and Chief Financial Officer