Traveler’s Tales: The Mind’s Eye, The Hand’s Work, The Heart’s Desire on Display in the HCC Ybor City Campus Gallery
An artist’s reception will take place on Thursday, March 3rd from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. with the gallery talk beginning at 6:15 p.m.
The Oiseaux Sisters, Carolyn Fellman and Susan Andrews, migrate seasonally from Moravia, NY to Gulfport, FL, with periodic detours to Mexico, Europe and Asia. In this installation, they report on a lifetime of going away and coming back different. En route they collect materials, images and idea for work. In the studio, they paste, color, snip, stamp and hammer, making biographical or mythological figurative pieces that tell stories, incorporating humor, movement and metaphor. The media they mix includes cloth, clay, plaster, paper, tin, carved and painted wood, and found objects. Whether travel talismans, small prayers, or fairy tales, the work mixes reminiscence and invention to celebrate detours, entreat safe departures and arrivals, and court chance.
The HCC Ybor City Art Gallery is located in the Performing Arts Building, first floor, Palm Ave and 15th street. Regular hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. – 4.pm. & Tuesday noon to 7 p.m. Parking is available in the HCC visitor lots, the Ybor Garage on 15th St and the Nuccio Parking Garage. For special arrangements for your visit or a group/class visit, contact Carolyn Kossar, 813.253.7674, email@example.com, www.hccfl.edu/yborgallery, www.oiseauxsisters.com.
Other articles in Ybor City:
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student
- HCC in the News: HCC’s Funding Request Of Florida Legislature Includes SouthShore Campus