Ina Kaur is a multimedia artist, printmaker who is a native of New Delhi, India. She received her MFA degree in Studio Art from Purdue University in Indiana, and her BFA in Drawing and Printmaking from Punjab University in Chandigarh, India.
“As an Indian woman living in a post-modern global environment, I explored a continuum of cross-cultural negotiation. My identity is an assimilation of varying influences from past and present, from both East and West,” states Kaur. “From my multi-cultural experiences, I integrate elements of different cultures in my visual imagery. I incorporate symbols and motifs that reference elements of the Occidental and Oriental. I further expand these cultural references through color and materials associated with my Indian heritage, and western views of abstraction.” Localism, globalism and hybridity have formed a new perspective for Kaur in conceptualizing and investigating notions of identity.
Her work has been showcased in exhibits around the world including the US, Argentina, China, Finland, Hungary, Japan, Korea, Scotland, The Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
The HCC Ybor Art Gallery is located in the Performing Arts Building, first floor, Palm Ave and 15th street. Regular hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. – 4.pm. & Tuesday noon to 7 p.m. For more information, please contact Carolyn Kossar at 813-253-7674or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC SouthShore Campus Hosts Black History Month Speaker, Richard Smiley
- HCC Hosts Tour for Diversity in Medicine
- Hillsborough Community College Graduates Largest Homeland Security Class in Partnership with the U.S. Transportation Security Administration
- Monica Bill Barnes and Anna Bass Perform Happy Hour at HCC Ybor City
- HCC Offering VITA Free Income Tax Preparation Service