HCC Ybor City Dance Department Presents Student Choreography Showcase
The student choreography showcase is fully produced by students enrolled in the dance composition course. The performance serves a dual purpose of giving students the experience of realizing their works in a full-fledged professional production while introducing student dancers and choreographers to the Tampa Bay dance community.
Thirteen student choreographers were tasked with creating a 3 - 5 minute original piece that could then be explored and performed by their dancers. Three choreographers have been working with music students who are composing music for their works. Some of the highlights of the performance include Trevor Vecilla’s piece on Espionage, Grettel Mendez exploration of the pendulum, Marisa Torres play with the curiosity and wonder of a balloon, and Alina Esapovich examination of how sunglasses hide the identity within.
General admission is $5. All HCC students, faculty and staff are admitted free of charge with valid ID.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC in the News: Entire Family Attends Hillsborough Community College
- HCC in the News: HCC Student Accepted Into Top Dance Programs
- Hillsborough Community College Offers Summer Youth Science Camps
- HCC in the News: HCC Vet Tech Students Help Curb Population of Feral Cats
- HCC in the News: Lack of Vision Doesn't Stop HCC Trinkle Center Specialist From Excelling at Work