HCC Ybor City Dance Department Presents Student Choreography Showcase
The student choreography showcase is fully produced by students enrolled in the dance composition course. The performance serves a dual purpose of giving students the experience of realizing their works in a full-fledged professional production while introducing student dancers and choreographers to the Tampa Bay dance community.
Thirteen student choreographers were tasked with creating a 3 - 5 minute original piece that could then be explored and performed by their dancers. Three choreographers have been working with music students who are composing music for their works. Some of the highlights of the performance include Trevor Vecilla’s piece on Espionage, Grettel Mendez exploration of the pendulum, Marisa Torres play with the curiosity and wonder of a balloon, and Alina Esapovich examination of how sunglasses hide the identity within.
General admission is $5. All HCC students, faculty and staff are admitted free of charge with valid ID.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC-Brandon Selected as FIRST® LEGO® League Affiliate Partner
- HCC Students Compete at Phi Beta Lambda National Leadership Conference
- HCC in the News: Dr. Ken Atwater Attends Sixth Annual U.S.-China Consultation on People-to-People Exchange (CPE)
- HCC Baseball Player Drafted by New York Mets
- HCC Veterinary Technology Volunteers at Spay Days