HCC Ybor City Dance Department Presents Student Choreography Showcase
The student choreography showcase is fully produced by students enrolled in the dance composition course. The performance serves a dual purpose of giving students the experience of realizing their works in a full-fledged professional production while introducing student dancers and choreographers to the Tampa Bay dance community.
Thirteen student choreographers were tasked with creating a 3 - 5 minute original piece that could then be explored and performed by their dancers. Three choreographers have been working with music students who are composing music for their works. Some of the highlights of the performance include Trevor Vecilla’s piece on Espionage, Grettel Mendez exploration of the pendulum, Marisa Torres play with the curiosity and wonder of a balloon, and Alina Esapovich examination of how sunglasses hide the identity within.
General admission is $5. All HCC students, faculty and staff are admitted free of charge with valid ID.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC Hosts Milestones in African-American History Anniversary Commemoration
- HCC AS Programs Showcased at Career Quest Event
- HCC Hosts April Job Fairs
- HCC Dale Mabry Campus Hosts Career Quest on March 27
- HCC Dale Mabry Campus Hosts A Cultural Celebration: The Legacy, The Power, and the Impact of the Black Woman on March 4