HCC-SouthShore Hits Enrollment Milestone
“The SouthShore Campus has asserted its rightful position as the college of first choice for the residents of South County,” said Campus President Dr. Allen Witt. “We have distinguished ourselves by providing an exceptional academic experience and for level of support services that we provide to our students. I am delighted that HCC-SouthShore has become an important community gathering place well beyond its academic mission.”
The SouthShore Campus first opened its doors in 2008 after operating at the SunPoint Center for six years. Providing students with a comprehensive array of academic offerings including the associate in arts, nursing, EMT and continuing education, the campus serves a diverse student body including recent high school graduates, retirees from Sun City, first generation migrant families, dual enrollment and the under- and unemployed.
HCC-SouthShore also received acclaim as the first LEED Gold Certified Campus constructed in the Florida College System.
Other articles in SouthShore:
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student
- HCC in the News: HCC’s Funding Request Of Florida Legislature Includes SouthShore Campus