Hillsborough Community College Brandon Campus to host 2017 Suncoast FIRST® LEGO® League qualifier tournament
Twenty-four middle school teams from Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties will put their engineering skills to the test using LEGO® bricks to build fully functioning robots. This tournament will also include two teams representing the Cayman Islands. The top eight teams from the qualifier will advance to the Regional Robotics Championship to be held at the HCC Plant City Campus Trinkle Center on January 28, 2017.
The Central West Florida FIRST® LEGO League qualifier runs 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the HCC Brandon Campus located at 10414 E Columbus Dr., Tampa, FL 33619.
The competition is free and open to the public.
FIRST® was founded by inventor Dean Kamen to inspire young people’s interest and participation in science and technology. FIRST® offers a progression of four K-12 after-school programs for young people, starting at age 6 and continuing through middle school and high-school levels, up to age 18. For more information, please visit: www.suncoastfll.org.
Hillsborough Community College serves over 45,000 students annually at its five campuses located throughout Tampa Bay. The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Other articles in Campuses:
- HCC Students Compete at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: HCC’s Funding Request Of Florida Legislature Includes SouthShore Campus