The HCC Center for International Education (CIE) will host an International Education Day on Monday, November 16 at the Dale Mabry Campus from 10:00 a.m. – noon and 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on the student government association patio. Students, faculty, staff and the public are invited to meet with international student ambassadors to learn about different cultures and regions of the world through displays, music and more.
Scheduled activities will include:
- Chinese Calligraphy – Let the Chinese Master write your name in this ancient language
- Learn and taste traditional Chinese tea
- Test your knowledge on all things Africa!
- Showcase of Filipino traditional clothes and arts
- Learn fun facts about Central and Latin American countries and sample their traditional candies
- Listen carefully – what language is this song in?
More than 287 international students, representing more than 70 countries attend HCC through the specialized programs and services of the CIE.
Hillsborough Community College serves over 45,000 students annually at its five campuses located throughout Tampa Bay. The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.