Lisa Law's ‘Witness to the Revolution’ to show in the HCC Ybor City Campus Gallery
The installation will run September 30-November 9, 2015. The Opening Reception with the artist will take place Wednesday September 30, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Gallery Talk is at 6:15 p.m. with Law’s movie presentation, Flashing on the Sixties, A Tribal Document with Q&A, following the reception at 7:45 p.m. in the HCC Mainstage Theatre.
Law began her career in the early 60s. With her Honeywell Pentax camera in hand and working as assistant to a manger in the rock and roll scene, she began taking pictures. Featured are images of Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead, Santana, the Beatles, Peter, Paul and Mary, The Kingston Trio, Otis Redding, The Lovin Spoonful, Jackson Browne, Nico and the Velvet Underground, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dennis Hopper, Wavy Gravy, Andy Warhol, Timothy Leary, Allen Ginsberg, Be-Ins, Love-Ins and the Woodstock Generation.
The HCC Ybor Art Gallery is located in the Performing Arts Building, first floor, Palm Ave and 15th street. Regular hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. – 4.pm. & Tuesday noon to 7 p.m. For more information, please contact Carolyn Kossar at 813-253-7674or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the exhibit, please visit www.hccfl.edu/yborgallery or www.flashingonthesixties.com.
Other articles in Ybor City:
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student
- HCC in the News: HCC’s Funding Request Of Florida Legislature Includes SouthShore Campus