HCC Hires New Head Baseball Coach
“We are very pleased that Michael Wrenn has accepted this opportunity to lead the HCC baseball program after successfully serving as an assistant coach in recent years,” stated Derrick Worrels, HCC head basketball coach and assistant to the dean of student services. “Michael has a proven track record as a successful coach in the Tampa area, and will bring a wealth of knowledge and an unwavering commitment to the HCC athletic program as the next head coach.”
Prior to joining HCC, Wrenn served as the head coach of Armwood High School baseball team from 2007-2011, managing the program to the State Final Four in 2009 and as the state runner-up in 2010. He also served as the assistant coach at Chamberlain High School from 2003-2006.
Wrenn graduated from Saint Leo University in 1999, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management. Following graduation, Wrenn was drafted by the Minnesota Twins and played professionally for three years.
Hillsborough Community College serves over 45,000 students annually at its five campuses located throughout Tampa Bay. The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Other articles in Dale Mabry:
- Gallery 221 Presents Mark Joseph Oliver: Not Here But There
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student