Gallery 221 Presents Mark Joseph Oliver: Not Here But There
Utilizing photography and sculpture to explore the role that location serves as a monument to the past, present and future, Mark Joseph Oliver invites the viewer to engage in memories of his experiences while at the same time creating a shared experience in the present. Known to create immersive installations, Oliver will continue in that practice for this exhibition as well. Informed by a recent trip to Norway, the artist will install the skeleton of a whale boat which will rest upon a base of salt and consume a large portion of the gallery floor space. Black and white landscape photographs with a screen print overlay, and video installation will also be included in the exhibition.
Oliver is currently based in Ashville, North Carolina. He is a Tampa native and graduated from Hillsborough Community College before completing his BFA at the University of South Florida. He received his MFA in Sculpture from the Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, Maryland.
To learn more about the artist and his work please visit his website at markjosepholiver.com.
All programs are free and open to the public.
Gallery 221 Information:
Location: 2nd floor library, Learning Resources Center, Dale Mabry Campus, 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa 33614
Gallery Hours: Monday – Wednesday 9a.m. – 4p.m.; Thursday 9a.m – 7p.m; Friday 9a.m. - 2 p.m. ADDITIONAL HOURS FOR THIS EXHIBITION ARE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT
Media Contact: Patricia Sriram| firstname.lastname@example.org | 813-253-7386
Other articles in Dale Mabry:
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student
- HCC in the News: HCC’s Funding Request Of Florida Legislature Includes SouthShore Campus