Gallery 221 Presents Loud Print
Khan is a Tampa-based artist whose artwork explores issues of identity among contemporary Muslim women. In Loud Print, Khan exhibits “veiled” paintings from the series, Just a Peek, Please?, that invite the viewer to literally lift the women’s veils to see beyond the surface and witness a glimpse of the individual beneath. The entire exhibition serves to expand the dialogue and communicate some of Muslim women’s most intimate thoughts and feelings.
Khan received her Bachelor of Science, Master of Engineering, and doctorate degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Florida. After completing her graduate education in 2005, she worked as an engineering consultant and researcher for seven years. A move to Tampa in 2012 prompted Khan to follow her passion: art. Her work has been exhibited in museums and galleries around the United States and is represented internationally by Ahlan Art in London.
The exhibit runs through December 10, 2015 and is free of charge and open to the general public.
Location: Gallery 3@HCC, 3rd floor library, Learning Resources Center, Dale Mabry Campus, 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa 33614
Gallery 221 Hours: Monday – Wednesday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Thursday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Other articles in Dale Mabry:
- Gallery 221 Presents Mark Joseph Oliver: Not Here But There
- HCC Apprentices Medal at Associated Builders and Contractors National Craft Championships
- HCC in the News: Colored confident: Kendra Frorup at HCC Ybor
- HCC in the News: SCC RN Club works with HCC Nursing Students
- HCC in the News: Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium Awards Its First Scholarship To HCC College Student