The HCC Brandon Theatre Department presents The Shadow Box
November 13 - 16, 8 p.m.
HCC Brandon Campus Theatre (BLRC 106)
FREE for HCC students with Hawk ID
$10 General Admission (includes faculty and staff)
Rob Fernandez - Joe
Rafael Carbonell - Steve
Bri Maze - Maggie
A.J. Ealy - Brian
Kyle Henderson - Mark
Jamie Millan - Beverly
Allison Schmidt - Agnes
Hillary Houchens - Felicity
Zane Register - Interviewer
Winner of a Tony Award for Best Play and the Pulitzer Prize, Michael Cristofer’s The Shadow Box is a drama. The action takes place in three separate cottages on hospital grounds (a hospice). Three families are involved. Each has a loved one who is terminally ill. The show addresses E. Kubler-Ross’ “…five different stages that a person will go through when he faces the fact of his own death: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance…But the one thing that usually persists through all these stages is hope.” Throughout the action of the play each character will take the long journey to acceptance. The Shadow Box is quite powerful, riveting and theatrical.
Tickets may be purchased at the box office door. For more information call 813.253.7927.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- Hillsborough Community College Dance Presents Remembering What Never Happened and Under the Skin Performed by Bridgman Packer Dance
- AQUIFERious on Display at the HCC Ybor City Campus Gallery
- HCC Offering VITA Free Income Tax Preparation Service
- Hillsborough Community College Hosts Courageous Conversations Speaker Series
- HCC Selects New Community Relations & Marketing Manager