The HCC Brandon Theatre Department presents The Shadow Box
November 13 - 16, 8 p.m.
HCC Brandon Campus Theatre (BLRC 106)
FREE for HCC students with Hawk ID
$10 General Admission (includes faculty and staff)
Rob Fernandez - Joe
Rafael Carbonell - Steve
Bri Maze - Maggie
A.J. Ealy - Brian
Kyle Henderson - Mark
Jamie Millan - Beverly
Allison Schmidt - Agnes
Hillary Houchens - Felicity
Zane Register - Interviewer
Winner of a Tony Award for Best Play and the Pulitzer Prize, Michael Cristofer’s The Shadow Box is a drama. The action takes place in three separate cottages on hospital grounds (a hospice). Three families are involved. Each has a loved one who is terminally ill. The show addresses E. Kubler-Ross’ “…five different stages that a person will go through when he faces the fact of his own death: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance…But the one thing that usually persists through all these stages is hope.” Throughout the action of the play each character will take the long journey to acceptance. The Shadow Box is quite powerful, riveting and theatrical.
Tickets may be purchased at the box office door. For more information call 813.253.7927.
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC Softball to honor the memory of Coach Ray Seymour
- HCC in the News: HCC providing manageable debt-to-earning potential for grads
- HCC SouthShore Campus to help fill local pantry for MLK Day of Service
- Hillsborough Community College campuses to offer free beverage to first responders
- Hillsborough Community College President Dr. Ken Atwater named to the Tampa Bay Business Journal Power 100 list