Criminal Justice Teach-In
This event, which has been patterned after the national Great American Teach-In, has become a highly successful annual event in its first three years. This year the Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies Program will once again feature numerous guest speakers from our local Criminal Justice agencies.
The event will be held at the Ybor City Campus YPST Building, Room 314, with speakers scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on February 27, 2014.
Speakers will be scheduled every 90 minutes throughout the day. Great effort has been made to bring to our students, staff, and guests many of the leaders of our local criminal justice system. Our speakers will include Tampa’s Police Chief, Jane Castor, who is joining us for the fourth year in a row. The regional heads of the FBI, FDLE, and FHP will also be attending. A Hillsborough Circuit Judge and officials from the Hillsborough Public Defender’s Office round out our speakers.
The Criminal Justice Student Association will provide refreshments.
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO EVERYONE SCHEDULED SPEAKERS.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 27
Nick Nazaretian, Circuit Court Judge 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida in and for Hillsborough County
Rocky Brancato, Director of Training
Jennifer Spradley , Homicide Unit Hillsborough Public Defender’s Office
Jane Castor, Chief of Police Tampa Police Department
Rick Ramirez, Special Agent in Charge Tampa Bay Region, Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Paul Wysopal, Special Agent in Charge Tampa Office, F.B.I.
Major Michael J. Thomas, Commander Troop C, Florida Highway Patrol
Other articles in Upcoming Events:
- HCC in the News: 'I have my future:' USF opens new path to admission for community college students
- USF Launches Enhanced Guaranteed Admission Program with HCC and Regional Florida Colleges
- HCC Announces 2016-17 Guitar Series Concert Schedule
- Hillsborough Community College Ybor City Campus Theatre Program Presents Six Degrees of Separation
- HCC Startup Toolbox Series: Tampa Bay’s Entrepreneurial Resources Presented by USAmeriBank